Termites can be a difficult pest to get rid of and it can also be difficult to identify their presence in a home. Termites can cause structural damage to the home including damage to the ceiling, walls, foundation, laminate flooring, and even infestation within the carpet. Getting rid of any unnecessary moisture and removing termite food sources are good ways to prevent termites from entering the home. We have specific termite control procedures and methods and all of our pest control technicians are licensed in termite control as well as required to take continuing education courses.
Some ways you can check for termite infestation include:
- Wood that sounds hollow when you tap it
- Mud tubes built by termites on walls outside of the home, within crawl spaces like the attic or near the foundation, or even on wooden beams
- Termite droppings (also known as frass) or cracked paint
- Herds of winged insects inside the home or from soil outside of your home
There are things you can do to eliminate the chance for termites in your home. Even after treatment is done you should continue the following practices:
- Remove any standing water inside or outside of your home, including on the roof
- Be sure to keep vents within the home open and clear with screens on vents outside
- Inspect decks and wooden fences outside of the home on a regular basis for damage
- Do not keep any wood or paper near the attic or foundation crawl space as this is a food source for termites
- Get gutters cleaned regularly
- Repair leaking pipes, sinks, A/C units, etc to avoid excess water in the home
If you think you may be having problems with termites, please contact us today and we can start your journey to getting rid of these pests before too much damage is done to your biggest investment, your home.